When the time comes for a family photo session, here is some advice on how to plan ahead to ensure you will have timeless photos of years to come.
- Book early. Great photographers fill up fast and to receive the full experience, you will want plenty of time to plan.
- Decide on a service. Are your photos going to be taken at the mall or do you want a customized experience with a professional photographer?
- Determine your needs. What are you planning to do with the photos? Tell your photographer.
- Be realistic about time constraints. Your photographer should be able to tell you how long an average session runs and what can be achieved in that time.
- Coordinate your outfits. A neutral color works best with a pop of a bright color.
- Share ideas ahead of time but trust your photographer to capture all the right moments.
- Be patient. Great images take time to create – it is not as simple as smile and snap.
- Bring a smile and prepare to have fun!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me for answers about how to plan your photography session, be it maternity, newborn or family photos. I am here to help you ensure that your session is worry free.